Back to work

Chris
Site Admin

Re: Back to work

Post by Chris » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:48 am

Bug hunt continues. But every run of the Maintenance, I am getting closer and closer to having worked out all the bugs in this current version of Galactic War!

Maint 1: Player Update - Working
Maint 2: Market Update - Working
Maint 3: Spy Info - Working
Maint 4: Rogue Attack - Updated
Maint 5: Steal Cash - Working
Maint 6: Steal Food - Updated
Maint 7: Bombardment - Testing
Maint 8: Normal Missile Attack - Testing

Continue with your fun, build big, and grow your Empire!

Chris
Site Admin

Post by Chris » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:43 pm

With the War Raging on, more attacks is being seen to happen. Not only that, but the empires have begun to send out more different types of takes...

The Maintenance tests continue..

Maint 1 to 6: Working
Maint 8: Normal Missile Strike - Testing
Maint 9: Uranium Missile Strike - Testing
Maint 10: Plutonium Missile Strike Vs AMG - Testing

You can use what is known to be stable and know that things are going correct... or you could take the Risk, and possibly the Potential Advantage of going and using the attacks that are under Testing, or not even touched yet... and the Risk, it may not work in your favor...

Chris
Site Admin

Post by Chris » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:04 am

The combat continues to grow... more and more fixes and tests being done on the Maintenance files. In we are move nicely to fix, test, and deal with them in a fast order to open up more for your empire to do!

Maint 1-6 - Working
Maint 8: Normal Missile Attack - Modified
Maint 9: Uranium Missile Attack -Modified
Maint 10: Plutonium Missiles Vs AMG - Modified
Maint 11: Plutonium Missile Vs Non-Producing Planets - Testing

Chris
Site Admin

Post by Chris » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:09 am

Massive error being hunted down. During the latest test run, ran into a minor error.

Maint 1: Player Update - Modified
Maint 2 - 6: Working
Maint 8: Normal Missile Attack - Modified
Maint 9: Uranium Missile Attack - Modified
Maint 10: Plutonium Missile Vs AMG - Modified
Maint 11: Plutonium Missile Vs Non-Producing Planets - Modified

Chris
Site Admin

Post by Chris » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:28 pm

There has been lot of work put into locating the last Massive Bug! I would like to thank all the players for assisting me by allowing me to test on them while the hunt was going on. I have found lot of minor bugs, and came up with modifications in the Maintenance Files to speed up the process. With the Testing continuing, there will continue to be problems with the player files in the Test Zone of Galactic War. As long as people report any problems, I can continue looking, but with more information, the faster I can track down the bugs.

As soon as I can find a build that I like, I will be opening a Non-Test Version. This version will not have modifications in code daily.

I would like to take this moment to thank the following players:
Leo and whitewolf for sticking around through all the major bugs.Without those two players, lot of the testing would have been slower!
kerym, the information that you reported and showed me, it gave me another way to look at the errors.

For these three players, keep up the good work! Hope that you stick with the Galactic War Test Zone version!

Now, for the list of modified / testing Maintenance Files.

Maint 1: Character updater - Modified
Maint 2 - 6: Working
Maint 8: Normal Missile attack - Modified
Maint 9: Uranium Missile attack - Modified
Maint 10: Plutonium Missile Vs AMG - Modified

For those that read this, and do play Galactic War Test Zone... be warned! It is going to cost more damage if you do not find a way to make good money!

Chris
Site Admin

Post by Chris » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:08 am

The only Maintenance File that I touched was Maint 1. I am currently trying to work on the code to correct it so that it runs the proper Player updates.

Chris
Site Admin

Post by Chris » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:23 am

The Military Bug has been having me focused on Maint 1 for some time now. Every run, I have been noting the different information that I have been gathering. Each time I look over the file, I have found a small tweak to do to the Military Section of the file. I am hoping that I finally got the last tweak done to it... but we will see over the next few days!

Keep testing!