Back to work

Chris
Site Admin

Back to work

Post by Chris » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:58 pm

Now that I have the forums back up and running, I can get deep into getting Galactic War Working again. There has been an update on the main file that went wrong... trying to figure out the error.

Chris
Site Admin

Re: Back to work

Post by Chris » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:26 am

I have been working hard at tracking down all the errors in the game... Found many of them, but the major bug was the hardest to figure out. But in the end, I have won the battle, and Galactic Wars is back online for all to battle it out with. Get in there and enjoy the combat with the other Empires!

Chris
Site Admin

Post by Chris » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:46 pm

With the latest Major bug dealt with, I have been working on making sure that all the functions of the program are working. With the hunt, I have found that silly things stopped working. The latest bug was sending out Rogues. Found that I had code doing weird things, but with testing and long hours working on it, the Spy section is working once again.

Chris
Site Admin

Post by Chris » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:23 am

As I was updating the Main files to deal with a small error, a small error was done, but it was a simple fix. Now I go back to testing the Maintenance files again.

Chris
Site Admin

Post by Chris » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:45 am

With the slight modification of the main game file, I have to go back over the maintenance files to tweak them so that they are back to being compatible to the main file. Hopefully I found the small bugs in them...

Maint 1: Working
Maint 2: Working
Maint 3: Updated
Maint 4: Updated
Maint 5: Updated

Chris
Site Admin

Post by Chris » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:46 am

Small modifications to the main game and maintenance files to make them work together has been a challenge. The difficulty is making the numbers to be used match so that the maintenance file update files to the correct players. As of now...

Main program: Edited
Maint 1: Working
Maint 2: Working
Maint 3: Edited
Maint 4: Edited
Maint 5: Edited
Maint 6: Edited

If you plan on helping me test, it would be nice if you can stay in the following sections of the main program for testing purposes...

Cash: Working
Bank: Working
Loan: Working
Scouting: Working
Rogue - Info: Testing
Rogue - Rogue: Testing
Rogue - Cash: Testing
Rogue - Food: Testing

Chris
Site Admin

Post by Chris » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:24 am

Starting to do a more aggressive move to start testing the maintenance to see what needs a look at, and which ones are working well.